Welcome!

"...that He may grant you a spirit of wisdom and
revelation in the deep and intimate knowledge of Him by having the
eyes of
your heart flooded with light
, so that you can know and understand
the hope to which He has called you..." Ephesians 1:17-18

Sunday, February 6, 2011

You, Me & Jesus.

Have you ever said or heard someone else say, "It's not about me. It's all about Jesus"???? That is a pretty common thing for Christians to think and say.

As much as this is true, because it is all about HIM, I have been challenged by something lately. I feel like the Lord has been reminding me that although we say that it isn't about us and all about Him, we cannot forget that we have a very important part to play.

So what is so important about us? We must allow ourselves to be in a place to receive from the Lord so we can understand fully who He is as we become storehouses of Jesus and walk in the fullness of Christ according to His calling for our lives. It is in this place that we can truly understand who we are in Him, as well as minister to the lives of others. This builds a lot off of what I wrote in a previous blog, Eyes on Him.

John 15:3-5 (NKJV) says, "You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing."

My bible says that the word abide means to dwell, stay, settle in, or sink deeper. When we abide in Him and receive into our lives what comes from Him, we are then in the place to freely give to others as the fruit begins to flow naturally from within us.

So, although it is true that "it's not about us," it is more about Christ in us. Because, I need to be Christ in me, and you need to be Christ in you.

I am currently reading Compelled by Love: How to change the world through the simple power of love in action by Heidi Baker. The whole book is amazing but I love what she writes in this passage as it kind of sums up this whole blog, "He is looking for servants who are so hungry that they desire Him more than their very life...we must all be pliable in the Master's hands. For he wants to turn you upside down in order to turn this world upside down. God is saying, 'Lay down more. Lay down.' So there is only one direction in ministry: lower still."

I hope this encourages you to seek Him for your life and who He has called you to be so you can go out and light up the world with His love!

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Erica! I'll be back to reread and ponder more! xo

    ReplyDelete