Welcome!

"...that He may grant you a spirit of wisdom and
revelation in the deep and intimate knowledge of Him by having the
eyes of
your heart flooded with light
, so that you can know and understand
the hope to which He has called you..." Ephesians 1:17-18

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

twenty-eleven.

Hard to believe that in close to 4 months it would have been a whole year since I've posted anything in this thing! Crazy. I know.

Even crazier, how much of a transition this year has been for me. I went from crazy-busy, full-time, almost graduated 8 months pregnant student to being a stay-at-home-mom to two kiddos. Not complaining. I love it. Well I thought I'd love it and this year would be the most amazing year of my life and everything would fall perfectly into place and it would all make sense and la-di-daaah!!! Do I love being home with my kids? Yes. Is it this perfect little fluffy world where everything flows amazingly well and life just makes sense. Not so much.

So...why am I writing now? Not sure. Ha! My kids are sleeping, and its after 1:00 AM and I can't sleep. ;)

If there is one thing that the Lord is teaching me in this year, it is to cling to the truth of His Gospel and His grace, so that I can give my kids the same beautiful message as they grow into their wonderful little selves.

Sometimes we just want everything to make sense...all the peices to fall exactly into place...cookie cutter perfection. Then we realize that we are not in control and not everything we touch is going to turn to gold. It's in those times that we remember that only He can truly be in control of the beautiful mess that is life.

I'm just kind of tired of routines, rules, regulations. In twenty-eleven I've spent so much time trying to figure things out. I haven't figured much of anything except that I need Jesus. And I want more of Him.

Maybe not all of you are stay-at-home moms, but maybe you could relate to some degree? We all go through transitions in life, sometimes feeling as though we're losing our footing. But I know this for sure, there is always a Helper there to catch us and take us by the hand. I guess we've just got to be willing to let go of ourselves in order to reach out grab hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment