Welcome!

"...that He may grant you a spirit of wisdom and
revelation in the deep and intimate knowledge of Him by having the
eyes of
your heart flooded with light
, so that you can know and understand
the hope to which He has called you..." Ephesians 1:17-18

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

21 days...

I recently decided to take a 21-day break from major forms of social media including facebook, instagram, twitter and pinterest. It has been something that I have been rolling around in my brain for a little bit. After seeing a couple of other people mention doing the same thing, it was a swift kick in the rear end to get on board. And of course hearing my 5-yr old daughter say, "Mommy, you always have your phone with you!" a few nights ago made it pretty clear that this is something I should be doing.

During these 21 days I am hoping to write more and get more into sharing via my blog and possibly do a little revamp of it's name???!! We shall see...

I don't want to put too much pressure or stress on myself to accomplish daily writing, just going to play it by ear because well, the whole point of this is to be disconnected from distractions and outside noise and pressures and what is going on in feeds and posts and notifications and everyone else's life. I want to be more connected and in tune with God and what is going on in my own life, in my relationships with my family, and just be present in the moments before me. It has already been difficult in those moments when I am used to grabbing my phone and scrolling through pictures and status updates and comments. I've had many thoughts like, "Aww wow that would be a cute picture to post on instagram..." or "Gonna have to post that on FB later..." --- obviously there is way too much revolving around social media going on in my brain! I want to just enjoy these daily moments and experiences and soak them in. It doesn't make them less valuable, less cherished or less important because they aren't viewed on whoever's facebook, twitter or instagram feed I happen to be in.

I'm also hoping to get more in tune with the Holy Spirit in my life. At the moment this life of mine is very consumed with stay-at-home mommy duties but I also want to get in touch with what makes me passionate, what I have to share with and offer this magnificent world and the people in it. I definitely am in a growing and stretching season. It has been challenging and often times I hear myself thinking "Ahhh I just feel so stuck or caged up and I just want to be free!!!" Sounds crazy I know, but I am praying for some breakthrough and freedom in areas of my life that, honestly, I don't even understand myself yet. I have been consumed by being in touch with everyone and it has been wonderful! I love seeing other people's posts and pics and what is going on in everyone's life and their view of the world. It is a gift to be connected to each other in such a way and to be able to "meet" & "share" with many who I never would have come across otherwise. I learn so much from everyone and gain new perspectives.

But, now it is time to just shut it all off and tune in to God and be in touch with this life He gave me. Hoping to have lots of things to write about once these 21 days are over! Excited for what is to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment