Welcome!

"...that He may grant you a spirit of wisdom and
revelation in the deep and intimate knowledge of Him by having the
eyes of
your heart flooded with light
, so that you can know and understand
the hope to which He has called you..." Ephesians 1:17-18

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Be Still & Know Him.

The more time passes as I walk out this journey of life, the more I appreciate the simple yet beautiful truth, "Be still and know." There is just so much peace in that.

There are times when I go back to read old writings in my journal and I actually stress myself out. Why am I always trying to analyze my life and figure out everything? All the stress from confusion and striving and striving. I feel the heavy weight of the burdens just thinking about it. I'm at the point where I really just don't want to care about any of it anymore and just lay it all down. I don't even want to think or try to do anything. Just want the quiet embracing of being still and knowing.

It can be a frustrating place to be. When we just want to be free but this world loves to put chains around us, sometimes the people in our lives do that too. And sometimes we bind ourselves up by our own thoughts and false self-accusations and the whole, "I'm not good enough" or "not doing enough" thing.

You know what some of the best moments are? When I SHUSH my brain and am fully present in a moment and soaking it in for every granule of glory that it is worth. When I capture a scene, an object or person and it becomes a frame in my mind and heart, a snapshot of a beautiful moment and gift, giving joy to cherish. Even better when we can share these moments with people we love.

And the doing, well I just don't care about what I'm doing if the being isn't ok. Who/how I am being, in all moments, is more concerning to me than with what I am doing or trying to accomplish. The doing will happen naturally, as a bearing of fruit, when we are truly being, and always being in Him. See, when we are able to just be, it is because of what, and more importantly, Who we know.

And right now, that is kinda my cry out to God. I am really seeking Him...to really know Him and His heart, and to know who am I in Him? I could make a typical list of things that most Christians would define themselves as but I guess I am going for something deeper, something woven uniquely into me, that unravels in the heart of my Father. There is just something in me that is hungry and desperate to be awakened into a deeper understanding of my identity in Christ. And it isn't going to happen by me doing anything other than SURRENDERING. Surrendering completely to the being still and to the knowing of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment